Yes, SSDs do have limited writes. But they’re not as bad as people make out. On
average, they’ll last 6 to 8 years - the same as a standard hard drive. I’ve
never had an SSD fail, and i’ve used loads of them - whereas mechanical drives,
that’s another story.
I wouldn’t use an SSD in applications where i was just writing data, for
example a backup or file storage drive. But as a system drive, you can’t beat
them - they’re fast, too.