From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Steve Sparrow
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:41 AM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: applying pitch correction to selection

Hi. how does one go about applying effects from plugins to small selections in
a track. . I tried this yesterday, and ran in to issues.I  wanted to add some
pitch correction to a vocal track, i used pitch 2 i think it was called
 Here is what i did.

I selected my track in the track list. I then made a selection on my vocal
track. I then went in to the menu and found audio sweet. So i downarrowed till
i found pitch 2 i think it was called. I found all my parameters, for my
experiment i just raised the pitch 1 semitone, i then hit the apply processing,
and from then on my computer just sat there saying protools busy. This is as
far as i got and tools just would not go any further. it just kept telling me
pro tools busy. I gave it about 5 minutes or more, and had to restart the
computer.
I tried this method with the waves a p i 2500 and a reverb as well. i got the
same thing each time. am i going about this process in the correct way. and if
so, is this a glitch in my system. Or is there a better way to get this job
done.
Thanks again guys.
Steve