Same deal as ever. AD1 shows up usable parameters, no native presets,
but the Pro Tools with Speech boys have those. AD2 sounds infinitely
better, but doesn't have usable parameters, and so far as I know
nobody has done the presets dance for that one yet. In both cases and
any other drum plugin I've ever tested come to that, the groove
browsers and other functions that're supposed to make it easy for
sighted folks to throw together parts quickly are inaccessible, so at
this point I'd worry more about learning to sequence well if I were
you. The sounds in the virtual instruments that ship with PT will do
fine and dandy for that purpose, and with programmed drums, I'd argue
that good sequencing is more important for the song than uber real
sounds. Joe Gilder has a course on programming drums that I haven't
actually seen firsthand, but his stuff is generally fairly thorough
and easy to follow. Failing that, you have two other options:
1. Get Logic, because apparently some people have had success using
it's Drummer. Personally I don't think paying out full price for one
thing surrounded by a bunch of other stuff you've already got is the
right move, and I'm loathed to send Apple a chunk of change for a
semi-accessible product that should've been usable years ago, but if
you're not keen on learning to sequence then YMMV.
2. Get hold of audio loops from Beta Monkey and suchlike, build songs
out of those and accept the sounds for what they are. PT isn't great
for loop arrangement, but again, the way around it is to learn to
sequence.

Scott