I can confirm that EZ Drummer 2 is completely inaccessible on the Mac
with VoiceOver. So, I have this question as well, In Pro Tools, what
is the accessible Recommendation for drum plugs that let you do more
than just use sound presets. For example browse and select drum
patterns, select from a range of fills etc.

One pretty good option is to use the virtual drummer built into
Garrageband This is both accessible and not too difficult to use. I
guess you could export audio of your drums out for use in your track,
or if you have Logic, you can export the MIDI for use with Boom,
Strike etc, but I'd be interested to hear what people are using. I
mostly find a sound that I like and then bang the parts in on my
Keyboard - not ideal, but it's served me well for years.