Hi Nick well myself, I use the motu 896 mark 3. It has 8 very good mic line
prees. It connects with fire wire or Usb. I also have a focus right box that
has 8 more mic line prees. it connects fire optical cables. s on it. so i can
record up to 16 tracks at once if need be. can’t remember the model number of
this thing, but i’ll get it if you want it.

As far as the control surface, i use the mackie control surface. H t h
If you want a smaller set up, there is also a presonus baudio ox that i use
with just 4 mic line prees, and that’s about all it’s got. certainly not the
sound of the motu, but gnot bad at all really, ood enough for out in the field
recording.
Steve