Hi all,

 for what I know since yesterday:
There are 3 cheaper models of avid.
there is the avid mix, 8 faders 8 encoders,
 that I callled the s1.
I might have the name wrong here yesterday, but the service exists, smiley.

Then there is the avid control v2.
This one has 4 motorised faders and 8  encoders, but also a touchscreen in the
middle wich makes it for good seeing people nice to work with.
Then there is the avid s3.
This one seems to be my goal, in combination with an Avid transport.
The s3 has 16 faders and 32 encoder knobs.

The s3 handels not only the mixing and editing by real knobs, but does this
also when using plugins.

I spoke Pino Yesterday.
He played a bit with the S3 and was very happy to see for him self what all was
possible.
The s3 has modify keys and errow keys of its own.
Also the automation has knobs for
Reed write mix and so on.
You can make groups of tracks, so if you wanna listen to all your guitar tracks
in a song and maybe tweek some, you can do so, without searching them through
your whole projecttracks.

here is a link:

http://youtu.be/F3pG2gI2OoQ

This one is a youtube link. You ll hear a producer, only using the S3,
remodeling an old song.
he uses the audiointerface of the S3 to record new tracks. The result is...
Listen for yourself.