I usually just do all my midi work in Logic, get it right, and export it as
wav files into Pro Tools. The main exception would be my piano tracks, and
a few other instruments that are far more accessible using PT. I've
imported and exported midi as well, but it's just a little sketchy. Also,
if you're used to PT's keyboard commands, you can set Logic up to use them
as well. There's a predefined template in Logic, and while not all of them
work in quite the same way, it sure saves me some confusion in the long
run. HTH