To add to Slau's post I was the one who had the trouble with the upgrade!
Actually the biggest issue I had was surrendering the license at first. Just
remember when you are upgrading your iLok manager to uninstall the old one
before you install the new one. When you launch the iLok manager it will ask
you to upgrade. I think if you upgrade after uninstalling, the surrender will
go smoother.
I installed the new manager over the old one and found that there were some
issues with reading with the arrow keys. Also when I did try to surrender the
license I got an error saying that the iLok key was faulty and the process was
not able to complete.
I ended up losing one of my authorizations and had to re-authorize another
license to surrender for the new upgraded license.
If you make sure to uninstall the old manager before you install the new one, I
think your surrender should go smoother than mine went… Also if you find that
some  of your licenses are not authorizing your software, just remember to
synchronize your licenses in the view menu.
Hope this helps,
Vinny
Email: vinnypedu...@gmail.com