Hi Martin,
Yes, it's possible to change the curve accessibly. I'll describe exactly how
it's done below. One thing, however, is that I'm thinking that the process
might actually be similar on the KeyStation. I'm not sure but, if it's anything
like the KeyStation 61, it's a series of controls that are mapped to the keys
themselves. Anyway, I'll describe the process for the A-88:

1. Press the dedicated Function button on the left side of the controller above
the pitch bend/mod wheel.
2. Press the G#2 key which corresponds to Velocity curve.
3. Choose one of five levels from 0 to 4 which correspond to the keys D3 to F#3.
4. Press the C4 key to enter.
It couldn't be simpler. The only thing you have to do is press the right keys.
I've created a list of the keys and their functions.  I'm pasting it below.
Hope that helps,
Slau

Roland A-88 layout
Top Panel:
D-Beam
4 square buttons are:
1. Pitch
2. Volume
3. Assign
4. Power

2 knobs are:
1. C1
2. C2
Three rows of buttons
3 buttons in row 1:
1. Dual/Split
2. Lower
3. Upper
3 buttons in row 2:
1. function
2. SuperNatural
3. Transpose
4 buttons in row 3:
1. S1
2. S2
3. Octave down
4. Octave Up
Pitch bend/Modulation

Rear Panel:
USB/AC power button (USB is in)
(left to right)
Damper
FC 2
FC3
MIDI Out
USB jack
DC input

Keyboard Function Keys:
A0      all notes off
A#0     Channel 1
B0      Channel 2
C1      Channel 3
C#1     Channel 4
D1      Channel 5
D#1     Channel 6
E1      Channel 7
F1      Channel 8
F#1     Channel 9
G1      Channel 10
G#1     Channel 11
A1      Channel 12
A#1     Channel 13
B1      Channel 14
C2      Channel 15
C#2     Channel 16

D2      Aftertouch
D#2     Control Change
E2      Bank Select, LSB
F2      Bank Select, MSB
F#2     Program Change
G2      Control Dir

System
G#2     Key Velocity
A2      Velocity Curve (0=light, 4=heavy, default is 2)
A#2     Advance
B2      SN Setting (SuperNatural)
C3      Miscellaneous
C#3     Factory Reset