Hi All,
Jim here. I just got my Mac less than two weeks ago. I used to do
sequencing back in the early 90's with old DOS stuff, and am now
trying to dabble after many years of being out of things. My son got a
Midi interface for me that works on PC with USB, that I'm hoping I can
use on Mac. I was thinking of starting with Pro Tools First, because I
have so much to learn about so much. I have a Yamaha P95 keyboard,
which has about 10 sounds on it, that I was thinking of using just to
put notes into my computer, and then using the computer to create
other sounds. I may not be able to do everything with it, though. For
example, there is no pitch bend control on the keyboard. So I may get
a small keyboard to use as a controller for things like this. I'm not
married to all of this, though. Just looking for advice and
introducing myself.

Thanks.

Jim