ok, after doing some googling, it does seem to be a common term in the broadcast industry.
https://www.telosalliance.com/support/Mix-Minus-Demystified
At 11:43 AM 2/4/2018, you wrote:
My friend Chris Gilland had told me that it is called mix minus. So keeping it at direct monitoring then which audio interfaces have a switch or knob to either turn on or the direct monitoring of what you are mixing/recording then?
Ronald Glaser

Founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries
<http://www.gshministry.org>http://www.gshministry.org
ronald.gla...@gshministry.org
980-500-9575X402 Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM.