The problem with those mixers is that even if you get the  USB Yamaha stuff you
will still only be limited to recording the main mix and not each individual
channel of the mixer.  Newer mixers like the Soundcraft signature series or the
Zoom L12 will let you record each individual channel and the stereo mix but
unfortunately non of the effects or eq or etc is in the recording path  so you
will have to rely on plug ins inside pro tools for those. Unfortunately no one
has made a good full featured analog mixer with a digital interface in a while.
If you don’t mind going back a few years you can  pick up one of the Mackie I
series or the Allen & Heath Zed r16.  Otherwise go with an audio interface like
the Focusrite stuff.  Oh and return the Yamaha mixer, it doesn’t have to be a
waste of money .