Another dilemma,
Prior to Protools, my workflow for building drum tracks would
sometimes involve making a pass for the kick, snare and hats on a
single track, then going back and quantizing each part individually,
using different settings.
However, I can't seem to figure out how to select a specific note
range in ProTools. For example, if the hats reside within the range of
F4 to A5, how can I make a selection of only that note range over a
given time interval, in order to process them separately from the rest
of the data on the track?

This may not be the best approach, so I'm also open for suggestions
from anyone else that has adopted a "better" approach to sequencing
drum parts.
Thanks again for any pointers that you can share.
AC