Hi,

I think the EastWest Composer Cloud is an interesting solution, and would like
to check the accessibility of the service.

http://www.soundsonline.com/composercloud

The Composer Cloud is a service where you pay a monthly subscription of $24 to
have access to a huge professional and very high quality instrument library.
Especially their orchestral and symphonic instruments are great. After
installing the service, one will access the sounds through the Play plugin.

With some sighted assistance, I was able to complete my purchase of a monthly
subscription for introduction price $14. I thought I had to subscribe for a
month to find out the level of accessibility.

I have only downloaded the Play app and installed it, activated my purchase and
opened the Play plugin in Pro Tools, but not yet downloaded any libraries. My
first observations are as follows:

•The Installation Center is very accessible, and I was able to download Play
and activate my iLok license with no sighted assistance.
 •The Play stand alone app is completely inaccessible with VoiceOver, but you
don’t need this when using Pro Tools.
•The Play plugin in Pro Tools is only accessible for the parameters related to
all plugins in Pro Tools; loading and saving presets in TFX format and some of
the Player parameters. The buttons to switch between Player, Browser, Mixer,
Instruments etc. in the plugin is not accessible, and same goes for the content
showing up for sighted users when these buttons are pressed.

So there is no way to load libraries or instruments in the Play plugin.

If all of the instruments were available through TFX files, it would be
possible for me to browse through them and use them, but this would be a huge
amount of work with sighted assistance.

I have been in contact with EastWest, but they are not able to provide a
solution to fix this accessibility issue at this time.

It might be possible to create a Flo Tools plugin view for each of the windows
in the plugin, but I have not tried that yet.

Does anyone here have any experience with how well Flo Tools plugin view will
work with this kind of plugin layout?

Best,
John André