Hmm… not exactly sure what you mean by "safe." Many studios stay on prior
operating systems for a long time. If you're only using your personal laptop
for Pro Tools rather than a dedicated machine, I can certainly see the slight
dilemma but, frankly, it's a non-issue for most people. Whatever the case,
yeah, it's just the lay of the land with Pro Tools and you either live with it
or don't.
Cheers,
slau