Chris,
On the machine all you have to do is do a web search for Mojave installer
download that to that machine. The reason your install didn’t work because you
installed on your machine if I’m not mistaken. So in a nutshell, just do a
search for Mojave installer on that machine and reinstalled and that should
work.

Sent from my iPhone