Hey guys, I'm sure a lot of you remember me, and if nothing else, probably know me from the Komplete Kontrol Access list, and also the VO Logic users group.

I won't bore you all with much intro since most of you already do know me, but I do wanna catch all of you, especially people like Kevin, Slau, and a few others heavily in the PT ecosystem up with where I'm now at with things.

So, it's kind of a long story, but the very condensed jist of it is, in November of 2020, right after the pandemic hit, due to me being high risk as far as health is concerned, I was made to stay at home and hardly at all get out in public. Given that I wasn't working, this gave me a huge huge amount of time on my hands to really take on learning more about audio production than the time before I was able to commit.. I pretty well thought I knew what I was doing when it came to audio mixing, editing, producing, etc, but boy was I in for a rude awakening! I'm very humbly saying this.

I decided, for some reason clear beyond me to give Reaper another try. I'd struggled with it tremendously before, just getting all the ins and outs, no pun intended, down pat. For whatever bizarre reason still to this day unknown to me, this time, it clicked. Everything just totally fell into place and made sense.

The problem was, and I'll get to PT, I promise. Just stick with me... virtual instruments. I had been using Xpand2 inside ProTools, along with Ivory, and maybe a few more things. In Reaper, I didn't have native access, again, no pun intended, to those luxuries, and therefore had to invest in something else. I'd heard a lot of very good things about Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol, and so I went ahead and took the plunge and got an M32 controller since I already had a full sized 88 key controller I could use for actually playing. I also got a 2TB external hard drive, as I knew I'd probably need it eventually.

Now fast forward to April of 2021. At that time, I still had that same MacĀ  mini that Kevin Reeves tought me ProTools on back in 2012. That thing was still chugalugging along. It however by then was very old. We're talking 8GB ram, I5 mid 2012 and only running Mojave. I didn't even have Catalina on it, as it ran too slow, barely ran Mojave efficiently. Plus, a lot of my virtual instruments were bottle necking out tremendously!

Given that I had gotten the full 1300 dollar stemulous check that month, I put it forth to get an Orbit Reader 40, which wound up being an absolute disaster, but I won't go there. The point is, I was refunded that full amount from Orbit research. I then decided, you know, if I wanna get serious with audio, that mac really! needs to be upgraded, case closed, what better time to do it than now while I have the 1300 and can.

So, I made the plunge, and got a rose gold 2020 M1 cilicon 13 inch macbook air with 8GB ram, 512 internal SSD, and 8 core processor running, at that time, Big Sur. We'll simply say, I will never! look back! This system is incredible, and fast as a bullet!

Once I got the new system, I decided to see if it would be a better experience than before running Logic. Boy was it ever! It has now become for the time being my primary DAW. So much so, I even stopped the monthly payments to Avid for ProTools. I now strongly regret doing that, but I should be able I hope to deal with that, and resubscribe to the monthly license.

I have admittedly forgotten a lot about using ProTools, but I know that I'll pick it back up incredibly quickly. I'm a very fast learner usually, and I'm sure it'll come back to me once I get back into it. I'd really though like to give it another try now that I have an up to date system.

So yeah, that's where we're at, and I'm very happy to be back on the list, and did miss all of you.