thanks for the link! Also I guess i can use PlotBox.exportImage() to get
BufferedImage of plot instead.

Christopher Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Nandita,

Ptplot can export Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files, see the
PlotBox.export() method.

We have contributed code for exporting to png, but did not fold it in
because it is probably GPL'd and want to keep Ptplot clean of GPL.
The code can be found at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/java/ptplot/exportPNG-0.0.1.patch.gz

It might be possible to do this in a non-GPL'd fashion.
Or, you could hack in the changes and see if it works for you.

_Christopher

--------

well its an infinitely looping workflow, & I keep getting values to plot.
So I was thi! nking of makign the user specify how long he wanted to video t
o be (like 2-4 mins) and depending on that (with refresh rate of specifiied
secs) get the images.
Thanks!
nandita.

Matthew Brooke wrote:

> images delay about 10-15 secs.

..and how many images in total?

/* wrote:

> Nandita -
>
> How many images, and what delay between images? If it's a reasonable
> number and you have time between refreshes, you could simply do
> screenshots and then crop them to isolate the plot. Obviously, this
> becomes way too labor-intensive as the number of images increases...
:-)