On May 11, Kostas Oikonomou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--------

    I just built 7.0.1 from source, and have two immediate
    questions:

    1) How do I set the web browser invoked by Help to something
    other than the default "firefox"?
    2) Is it possible to make the size of the font in Help
    windows larger?

    Thanks very much.

                                        Kostas Oikonomou
--------
Hi Kostas,
Sorry for the delay . . .

To use a different browser, you can set the ptolemy.ptII.browser
property.

>From the command line, try:

java -classpath $PTII -Dptolemy.ptII.browser=c:/Program\ Files/Internet\
Explorer/iexplore.exe ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication

When configure is run, Ptolemy II reads $PTII/lib/ptII.properties.in
and generates $PTII/lib/ptII.properties.

ptII.properties is read at run time.

So, you could edit $PTII/lib/ptII.properties.in and uncomment the
iexplorer line:

--start--
# Override the default choice of browser, see
# $PTII/ptolemy/actor/gui/BrowserLauncher.java
ptolemy.ptII.browser=c:\\Program\ Files\\Internet\ Explorer\\iexplore.exe
#ptolemy.ptII.browser=c:\\Program\ Files\\Mozilla\ Firefox\\firefox.exe
--end--

Then rerun configure.

Or, you could just edit ptII.properties, but your changes would be
lost the next time you run configure.

Unfortunately, it seems like ptII.properties is not being read in the
Windows installer, I'll see about a fix.

To change the font size, try editing the font-size
fields in $PTII/doc/default.css

_Christopher

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
Chess Executive Director                      US Mail: 337 Cory Hall #1774
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718             (office: 400A Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480