Hi,

* Andreas Bießmann <andr...@biessmann.de> [2012-02-25 09:21]:

> Next you will need some GNU tools like coreutils [1], gawk [2], sed [3],
> tar [4], flex [5] and bison/yacc [6]. Remaining requirements of ptxdist
> should be sufficient by OS X delivered software.

flex and bison can be used from Apple (at least I have /usr/bin/flex and
/usr/bin/bison in my $PATH). You also need 'md5sum' (macports has the
'md5sha1sum' package). And also GNU ar because of the 'f' option, but I
want to check if it's really needed before sending a patch to check for
GNU ar.

> If you got the required tools you can start using ptxdist source to
> build it for your host. There comes another requirement to mind while
> writing this. You will need ncurses[9] for building the kconf tools in
> ptxdist. Ptxdists configure will search the required tools and complain
> about missing ones.

I'm not sure if the ncurses from Apple is sufficient, but at least
/usr/lib/libncuses.dylib is there. Apart from building kconfig, ptxdist
uses its own host-ncurses, though.

> Bernhard Walle started a generic arm bsp [10] (targeted on beagle-board
> and clones). He uses ptxdist with OS X too, therefore this is a good
> place to go for OS X adoptions of ptxdist bsp.

I would have called it 'playground'. :) I just checked that it builds
with ptxdist-2012.02 without any additional patches.

The only remaining patch that is in the queue of Michael is the
localedef stuff. If you need it now, you can take it from
https://bitbucket.org/bwalle/localedef/overview (darwin-fixes branch)
or as patch from
https://bitbucket.org/bwalle/ptxdist-vetero/src/770a9a83af73/patches/localedef-eglibc-2.11.90-ptx1.

Please note that the ptxdist-vetero project doesn't build currently on
Mac OS because of the mtd tools. I need to fix that when I have time.
('ptxdist go' works but 'ptxdist images' will fail.)

Regards,
Bernhard