Hi Juergen,

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 10:31:22AM +0100, Juergen Borleis wrote:
> <path/to/toolchain>/sysroot-<toolchain-name>/sbin/ldconfig

Very nice, thank you! After running ldconfig on the target, running strace
with /bin/true shows only one access for /etc/ld.so.preload before using
the /etc/ld.so.cache successfully. That's a major improvement! Nearly 30
syscalls less, per process :)

Now I'll just write a little ptxdist rule to call ldconfig once at
initialization (or at every startup? Some distros seem to do that.)

If I ever want to support running opkg on the target, I should probably
have a mechanism to automatically rerun ldconfig in case a library was
changed.

> > I am curious: Do you also see those weird runtime paths on your ptxdist
> > projects or is there something wrong with my toolchain / bsp build?
> 
> I saw these search paths on almost every system, independent of the 
> distribution (embedded or not).

Maybe we could add a rule to ptxdist to run ldconfig by default on the
target? Assuming that saving syscalls is beneficial for everybody?

Cheers,
Clemens

_______________________________________________
ptxdist mailing list
[email protected]

Reply via email to