Hi Erwin
Am Samstag, 9. September 2017, 15:03:39 CEST schrieb Erwin Rol:
> yes I know the topic is blasphemy ;-)  but I was wondering if there are
> ppl that made usecase comparisons between ptxdist and Yocto? My personal
> experience with small systems (no GUI/X/wayland) is that ptxdist is
> really easy to get going. With large systems that need QT 5.9,
> webkitgtk/chromium, different OpenGL versions etc. is that ptxdist is
> not always that easy. But I am not experienced enough with Yocto to say
> if that will be easier/better.
>
> So hence the question, anybody out there that tried both and picked
> ptxdist (or yocto) for a reason ?
I really would like to use ptxdist for my next private project where i would
like to try ROS. As far as i see, its already packaged for OpenEmbedded or
Angstrom. But as it has its own build tools and lots of python module
dependencies it might be to much to get all this stuff build with ptxdist.

So i might go the OpenEmbedded road even if i have already a nice ptxdist
project for the Atlas board i am using. Btw. if some is interested in this
Atlas board ptxdist can publish it somewhere.

As for the speed i would say that one of my biggest gripes with ptxdist is
that -je16 -ji16 builds fail for me. And with that many virtual cores
available its realy a pitty :-(.

Best regards
Tim