Hi,

(What I didn't mention before: the BSP is on ptxdist 2017.09.0.)

Am Montag, 16. Oktober 2017, 14:40:51 CEST schrieb Michael Olbrich:
> The only place ptxdist creates a series file, is, when it cannot find one
> (This is in scripts/lib/ptxd_make_world_patchin.sh line 282). In that case,
> you should see a warning, when it is created. Maybe PTXCONF_KERNEL_SERIES
> is not set correctly?

This is set to: series${PTXDIST_PLATFORMSUFFIX}

So:

        $ p print PTXDIST_PLATFORMSUFFIX
        .at91foo
        $ p print PTXCONF_KERNEL_SERIES
        "series.at91foo"
        $ ls -l patches/linux-4.9.47/series.at91foo
        -rw-r--r-- 1 adahl adahl 18229 Sep 29 11:33 patches/linux-4.9.47/
series.at91foo

If I just drop the kernel prepare stage and execute it again, this 'series'
file is not created.

But, what I found, after you mentioned this warning, which should come:

        -----------------------------
        target: kernel-header.extract
        -----------------------------

        extract: pkg_src=/home/adahl/[…]/linux-4.9.47.tar.xz
        extract: pkg_extract_dir=XXX/platform-at91foo/build-target/kernel-
header-4.9.47
        ptxdist: error: series file for 'XXX/patches/linux-4.9.47' is missing

There's no option to the set the series file for the kernel header package,
like for the kernel package.

As a workaround: I looked which selects the kernel-header package here and it
seems it is only oprofile, which I only need for debugging. So for now I
deactivate the kernel header package, which circumvents my initial problem,
this also saves quite some build time. :-)

Would still be interesting to look, why the kernel-header package ignores the
right series file somehow, and creates a new one which applies the same
patches.

Greets
Alex