Hei hei,

Am Montag, 11. Juni 2018, 09:29:01 CEST schrieb Jakov Simunic:
> Thanks for replying so fast.
> Could you give me a brief explanation of virtual packages (or a link)?

I'm sorry, I can't. Virtual packages seem to be missing in the documentation.
:-/

However, if you are new to ptxdist you should read the documentation first.
It's not that long, but it should give you a good overview over the concepts.

> Yeah, I have compared rules/libblkid.in and rules/udev.in to the current
> master and it seems that our files are outdated, I will patch them and try
> again. I am pretty embarrassed by the version of ptxdist that we use for
> our project it says 1.99.20, since this is a big corporation, things don't
> really get updated as frequently as they should and I don't have the
> authority to demand the upgrade. Basically I have to work with what I have,
> but I am not losing faith!!!

That one was released in 2009, that is nine years ago and long before I
started using ptxdist. If I suggested you should upgrade, you will probably
say you can't, won't you? ;-)

What I found on virtual packages in the Git history:

* c211a8d9981bd3f2c0e59c39bb16ab7ca8ace734 introduced virtual packages without
a corresponding makefile. That landed in ptxdist 2017.12.0.

* libblkid was marked as VIRTUAL in bd19a02631e16f0570b03ca68c1a97025c17c1fe,
which landed in ptxdist 2016.05.0.

* virtual packages in general seem to exist much longer, if I read correctly
since 2003, when ptxdist still used subversion instead of git.

* b9de6f83c3e0fa65d00749ad2f122a00d977e01a added the virtual package libblkid,
that landed in ptxdist 2010.03.0. Maybe you want to look at that version a
little closer when trying to backport things.

HTH & Greets
Alex