On 20/02/2019 00:59, Jon Ringle wrote:
I've got a strange permission problem when I build on our build server that was recently updated from Ubuntu-14.04 to Ubuntu-16.04.

On our Ubuntu-16.04 server, on most of the platform/packages/ subdirectories the packages are getting created with other having no permissions at all:

rootfs/platform-ec1c/packages$ tree -d -L 1 -p
.
├── [drwxr-x---]  attr-2.4.47
├── [drwxr-x---]  avahi-0.7
├── [drwxr-x---]  bash-4.3.30
├── [drwxr-x---]  boost_1_67_0
├── [drwxr-x---]  busybox-1.29.3
├── [drwxr-x---]  coreutils-8.29
...

This results in all files contained within those directories to also have no perms for other, and get installed on my target in the same way. This in turn then causes permission problems to occur.

I'm at a loss as to what to look for to resolve this problem.

Suggestions?

I think you are building with umask 0027, so files are created with no permissions for 'other' users. This should not affect the contents of the platform-ec1c/packages/*.ipk files, or the contents of the platform-ec1c/root/ directory, or the contents of the platform-ec1c/images/root.* images, which should all contain files with the correct permissions for the target.

If you want the contents of platform-ec1c/packages to be created so that they are readable by 'other' users, you can configure your build server to build with umask 0022.

--
-=( Ian Abbott <[email protected]> || Web: www.mev.co.uk )=-
-=( MEV Ltd. is a company registered in England & Wales. )=-
-=( Registered number: 02862268.  Registered address:    )=-
-=( 15 West Park Road, Bramhall, STOCKPORT, SK7 3JZ, UK. )=-

_______________________________________________
ptxdist mailing list
[email protected]

Reply via email to