Hello Michael,

I tried something you proposed, but it does not work yet, will proceed
tomorrow. I started this mail with some now obsolete info, but wrote some more
things, which I do not want to throw away once written. See below.

Am Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2018, 14:26:10 CEST schrieb Michael Olbrich:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 01:27:13PM +0200, Alexander Dahl wrote:
> > What I did was creating a new platform image rule depending on
> > HOST_U_BOOT_TOOLS. Creating an U-Boot environment image file is
> > independent
> > from building U-Boot itself and it creates an artefact I would consider an
> > image. I'm not happy seeing this feature inside the U-Boot target package
> > itself.
>
> Ahmad had a separate package originally but I told him to integrate it...
> It seemed more natural to me. Maybe because the environment is more
> integrated in barebox and that's what I usually use.
> But I'm not too set on it either way.

Well, I mixed things up here. There's a difference between creating an U-Boot
script and wrap that in an U-Boot image (mkimage) and creating a binary file
with an U-Boot environment (mkenvimage). What we actually do is creating one
script to put on the target in /boot (basically with patch 7/7 now) and
another script to put in platform-*/images for serving by an tftp server
(which needs some replacements).

> What about the script (patch 7/7)? Do you think that should be a separate
> package too?

I will send a revised version of Ahmad's patch.

Greets
Alex