On 2/13/20 3:28 PM, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:
> On 2/13/20 3:25 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:

>>> That's only in the sysroot for use by other rules (e.g. barebox embedding
>>> TF-A
>>> on some i.MX8). It's not installed in the target rootfs.
>>
>> Ok but that's specific to that particular configuration, and the
>> choice of directory also seems to be arbitrary.
>
> You got to standardize on something. If this is good, a
> $(PTXCONF_SYSROOT_FIRMWARE)
> might be a good thing to agree on.
>
>> Does this belong in a generic rules file ?
>
> How would that look like?

Ah, you mean this is too specific that it shouldn't be in tf-a.make?

Well, Some Zynqs do this as well. If you are embedding OPTEE in TF-A, you will
need
to save optee somewhere too. It's not a niche use case. The split between
install
and target-install is just because so many vendors have their own idea of where
the TF-A
comes from. If most of these can be made to work by installing the file to
sysroot along
with the IMAGEDIR, so why not do so?

Cheers
Ahmad