El jue., 13 feb. 2020 a las 16:27, Ahmad Fatoum
(<a.fat...@pengutronix.de>) escribió:

> On 2/13/20 4:24 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> > El jue., 13 feb. 2020 a las 16:08, Ahmad Fatoum
> > (<a.fat...@pengutronix.de>) escribió:

> >> That's why -D is there. From man install(1):
> >>
> >> -D     create all leading components of DEST except the last, or all
> >> components of
> >>         --target-directory, then copy SOURCE to DEST
> >
> > Yes but the effect of -D combined with --target-directory does not
> > seem to be standard; my version of install does not support it.
> > The man page for my version says:
> >
> > -D     create all leading components of DEST except the last, then
> > copy SOURCE to DEST
> >
> > And a quick test yields the following:
> >
> > $ touch test
> > $ install -D --target-directory a/b/c test
> > install: failed to access 'a/b/c': No such file or director
> >
> > I guess it's better to avoid relying on that behaviour and create the
> > directory explicitly instead.
>
> I see. Will replace with separate install -d in a v3 then.

You might also want to update the targetinstall stage:

- If IMAGEDIR is guaranteed to exist when the targetinstall rule runs,
then the -D option can be dropped
- If IMAGEDIR is not guaranteed to exist, then -D will not create the
directory properly in the way the command is currently written, and
you probably want also explicitly create the directory

Thx,

Guillermo