[RR]

For my part I would be happy to be part of an organisation which has as
a purpose a court challenge to the existing system, and hereby offer my
services.

[...]

*URGENT*        As a start could we please have an update on the
progress of
any current Court Challenges for distribution to suitable media outlets
up here?        If I have the facts I can prepare a suitable media
release.

[AL]
I am still waiting for information from Joe Bryant's lawyers but as
previously mentioned there are no immediate plans for them to appeal
against the rejection of their request for an urgent hearing of their
appeal against the decision in:
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/federal_ct/1998/1242.html

A legal project group should be setup immediately to ensure that there
is both an adequate constitutional challenge before the High Court and
at least 1 challenge in the Court of Disputed Returns. There is very
little time left before the deadline for Disputed Returns (40 days after
return of election writ).

Main requirements are a suitable plaintiff with no assets (who must be
enrolled in the electorate disputed for Court of Disputed Returns) as
there are likely to be very heavy costs awarded to pay for the other
side's QCs when the court declares that it fully agrees electors have no
right to vote against candidates they reject. Costs for our side are not
as big an issue as that. Most of the legal research has already been
done. We just need the plaintiffs and enthusiasm to follow through
contacting lawyers etc.

Media release is unimportant until we actually have a project group
working on it.