Hi again, and this is truly my last message to this topic

In my previous contribution to this debate, I emphasised my concern at the
suppression of the democratic truth that DEMOCRATIC, free, and FAIR
elections can fail, and called for others to try to help the Governor of
Queensland (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) fulfil his sworn duty.  The
debate is not really about what the law says, but whether it is lawful, or a
massive fraud on those who believe in democracy, and that formal ballots DO
AND MUST "remain in the count", rather than be removed from final counts.

Antony says; "It was a deliberate act to do with the introduction of
optional preferential voting, and the intent was to allow a candidate to be
elected with less than 50% of the formal vote."  If so, and I believe him,
it was a deliberate act of fraud, because it deceives so many, including
possibly the Governor of Queensland, who continue believing optional
preferential ballots are counted fairly, and that the democratic 'bar' of
50% +1 is fixed.

Many members of Legislative Assembly of Queensland in 1991, when the bill
was debated and passed with 70 (of the possible 89) votes, were what Bernie
Fraser called "dickheads" (also in 1991, although he confined himself to
Commonwealth ministers), so it is possible many of the 70 were also deceived
in the same way Antony seems still to accept, but others who have grasped
the democratic truth, never can.

We know we were deceived, and are being defrauded of democracy, and in
thousands of cases of our franchise.  The question is who intended to allow
candidates to be elected, by such criminal means, with less than 50% of the
formal vote?  If, despite efforts to stop him, the Electoral Commissioner,
Mr Des O'Shea, returned the Writ for Election of eighty-nine (89) Members of
the Legislative Assembly to the Governor of Queensland, on Friday 2nd of
March 2001, he has thereby confirmed that he is, for what-ever reason, a
willing party to the unlawful fraudulent disenfranchisement of thousands of
voters.

2080 of these are in the Kawana Electorate.  They cast formal ballots with
"just [1]" for Kevin Savage, the ONP candidate.  The official results for
Kawana Electorate, submitted by returning officer M R Stubbins, clearly
shows the number of votes cast for Mr Cummins (ALP) is 431 votes less than
all the formal ballots.  Thousands more are in other electorates, still
awaiting ECQ release.

As part of the fraud, the legally meaningless term 'valid votes' reduces by
2080 between the first and last count.  Each formal ballot represents the
STV (single transferable vote) of each voter performing his/her democratic
duty.  As candidates preferred by voters are removed from successive counts,
the ballots may exhaust, but the STV represented by the ballots remain
formal does not disappear from the count, as implied by reducing legally
meaningless term 'valid votes' by the number of voters who indicate no
preference for remaining candidates.  Nor does the democratic 'bar' of 11807
votes drop by 2080 votes, to defraud all who believe that the democratic
'bar' of 50% +1 is the reason preferences must be counted, as the Act itself
states!

Despite repeated requests (since 13 February) for any authority for such
disenfranchisement, Mr O'Shea and his colleagues have failed to respond.

These are the issues needing public debate to promote Justice Murray
Gleesen's cause, that: "The democratic and lawful means of securing change,
if change be necessary, is an expression of the will of an informed
electorate."  If Mr O'Shea and his colleagues are doing their duty, they
will want the chance to defuse what will otherwise become a growing
conviction that they are criminals defrauding all who believe we have
democracy and fair elections in Queensland.

Finally I repeat my previous point that "in the circumstances not only do
ABC radio and/or TV have public duties to this, but doing so would rapidly
revive public support for it, both in and beyond Queensland."  To continue
to suppress debate in defiance of Justice Murray Gleesen's cause, that: "The
democratic and lawful means of securing change is an expression of the will
of an informed electorate" will only justify and ensure the 'death' its
people seem to dread!  Why not start with Des O'Shea, by forwarding this
e-mail (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]), and if he's too 'busy' to respond call
him on 07 32277249 to arrange an interview.  Also call Mr Cummins (5493
2662) or his campaign contact Linda Holliday (3844 8101), to ask how he
feels about being returned at the expense of the 2080 Des O'Shea wants to
disenfranchise.  Invite him to meet publicly with the 2080 voters to say
whether he will accept such an offer!

Regards, and looking forward to the ABC doing its duty (and even scooping
its rivals).

Jim Stewart

Phone:+617 3411 7646
Mobile: 04 1427 4420 (voice-mail)

PS:      I'll attach the only response so far from ABC Local Radio Qld, and keep
trying for a human response from mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

At 07:48 01/03/2001 +1000, you wrote:
> [...]
will
>are parliamentary elections and referendums, so it is vital to peace and
>good government, that they are all truly "free and fair", as well as
>"informed".
>
>His Honour also said: "In our society, threats to the rule of law are not
>likely to come from large and violent measures. They are more likely to
come
>from small and sometimes well-intentioned encroachments upon basic
>principles, sometimes by people who do not understand those principles."
>Perhaps the encroachment upon basic principles involved in disenfranchising
>the 2080 One Nation supporters whose exhausted ballots have been
>reclassified from valid in the first count, to invalid in the second count
>was well-intentioned, but I hope all at the ABC would agree with the
>conclusion of the   following submission to His Excellency, Major General
>Peter Arnison, Governor of Queensland.  "Any subversive lowering of the
>democratic bar in final counts, by disenfranchisement of voters
expressing
>no preference for candidates remaining in the count, would not be just
>unlawful, but plainly treacherous."
>

>If the ABC uses its independence and authority, to expose those like
>returning officer M R Stubbins (see below), it can take the lead in
>informing the electorates like Kawana, and others like it, just how they
>will have, for  perhaps the first time in modern history, a chance to
>exercise their votes in truly democratic, as well as "informed" elections,
>rather than the phony democracy of first-past- the post, or the fraudulent
>democracy being attempted right now in Kawana, and who knows which other
>electorates!
>
>Since e-mailing His Excellency, I have learned that Gympie is also heading
>for a failed election.  Understandably such remaining candidates are facing
>a quandary.  What should they do if offered election by the ECQ, based on
>in the unlawful, anti-democratic process, which they like Antony Green,
were
>deceived into believing?  Will they join the others with strong interests
>in suppressing the democratic truth that democratic, free, and fair
>elections can fail?
>
>Here is a real chance for the ABC, particularly with Antony Green's growing
>authority, to do far more than help Mr O'Shea and His Excellency, use all
>the authority they can, to prevent such DISENFRANCHISEMENT.  To further
help
>in this "democratic and lawful means of securing change", I'll CC others
>besides Don Schultz, and those also CCd to my original message.  Among them
>are Antony Green and Dennis Shanahan of the Australian (eg.'Seducing those
>sullen voters') suggest he should want to take up this story.  It will be
>interesting to see if any of the Murdoch/Packer stables break their silence

dishonestly
>and UNLAWFULLY re-interpreted as authority to optionally disenfranchise
>voters for not preferring remaining candidates, so that candidates with
>less than a majority of the first preference votes" can be elected.
>
>Not surprisingly, there is nothing in the Act to authorise exclusion of
>exhausted formal ballot papers from the count of "votes remaining in the
>count", and the idea that ballots of voters expressing no preference for
>candidates remaining in the count can be admitted to first counts, but
>optionally removed from subsequent counts, is so utterly repugnant to
>democracy and the much-touted term "fair elections", that I expect Mr
O'Shea
>is not a willing agent of such subversion of democracy, but is intimidated
>by others with stronger, more direct interests in suppressing the
democratic
>truth that democratic, free, and fair elections can fail.
>
>My sincere apologies for what may at first seem confusing message, and I
>trust this gets to you in good time to avert the harm to peace and good
>government if electors, particularly those facing unauthorised
>disenfranchisement, learn the truth after your proclaimation of the success
>of candidates whose election does not reflect the will of democratic
>majorities.  Any subversive lowering of the democratic bar in final
>counts, by disenfranchisement of voters expressing no preference for
>candidates remaining in the count, would not be just unlawful, but plainly
>treacherous.
>
>Please feel free to discuss this as soon as possible, by calling my office
>(3411 7646) or mobile any time.
>
>Yours sincerely
>

>J E Stewart

**** This is an automatic reply ****

Please email us at our new address:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]