From: Ron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: John Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, 27 May 2001 18:00
Subject: J.A.I.L. In Australia?

Dear Mr. Wilson [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have pursued your website and find the information not only interesting, but not so different from the situation that we have here in the United States. The difficulty I am having is that people tend to think that "that's a foreign country, and does not affect here."

While the JAIL4Judges objective pertains with the U.S. judges being held to the standards of United States Constitution, we are more and more receiving mail from foreign countries asking about how J.A.I.L. may be of help with their country.

Sorry to have to say, but reasonably expected, I have no knowledge of the "Constitutions" of any country outside the U.S. However, I am getting the distinct feeling that many foreigners are not only watching what we are doing here, but are considering how J.A.I.L. may be adapted to their respective countries. This is good thinking, but requires the self-imagination and leadership of the right person to strike out and run with it "foreign."

In writing this initiative, I never once gave a thought of this as adaptable to foreign interests, as my "world" is the United States. My eyes, mind and spirit are evermore being awakened as to my shortsightedness. Where does one begin? How can one do something about a country in which he knows nothing about? I will let you enlighten me on that point. All I can say is that it appears that J.A.I.L. (in whatever form it may arise) is the need of the world. But I feel so very helpless. Are you the man for Australia?  Instruct me, please.

Ronald Branson

PS - I note that you requested to be on our mailings over a month ago. By responding to this email, I am concurrently blindly c.c.'ing many others who may be in touch with you on this. God bless you Mr. Wilson. Let me know your thoughts.