Jack Boot Johnny returns to Gympie to see

"The Writing On The Wall"

by Ron Owen

For a funny picture of it click on the link below

http://www.lockstockandbarrel.org/Documents/YourfinishHoward.htm

I was invited by the Mayor of Gympie to a Morning Tea with the Prime Minister on the 29thMay '01. It was supposed to be to congratulate the volunteers of the four hundred clubs in Gympie. It was at the Gympie Show Grounds. With the police stopping anyone without an invitation at the boundary gates, no protesters could get within 300 yds of the building. I was the sole protester. I knew that there would be over a thousand volunteers representing their clubs, plus a few hundred police and security in attendance. I was somewhat amazed that they had not screened me off of the invitation list. The real purpose was an 'electioneering' excuse, to help our local Liberal member in his forlorn hope, to be re-elected.

I was hoping that there would be a question and answer section after Pinocchio had done his stuff. Hoping to ask a question was a bit ambitious knowing that when he had met me last, at the Wondai forum he publicly refused to take questions from me, but hope springs eternal, so I had a question ready in my mind. However he was not brave enough to allow a questions time, just steered, (by his security guards) around the room (well away from me) and then gave a speech with the desperate spirit of a real estate agent who once inside the house finds he is selling a house with no roof.

Lucky for me the media came and asked me if I had the opportunity, what would I say, so this is what I said.

As John Howard’s demise had been written on the wall in Gympie in 1996 after his un-informed Gun Laws, I had come to bid him farewell, as his remains would soon be travelling on the S. inking S.hip Liberal Party into obscurity. How as a self professed Christian can he continually tell lies and embezzle the Australian people? Does he say three hail Mary’s every night and kiss his rosary beads believing that they will give him redemption, God might forgive him but the Australian people will not. I pointed out to the media interviewers why the word, "Politician" was synonymous with the word "Liar" with the Australian Public.

Some of the above went out on the AAP wire but it was not reported in our local papers.

I was asked by the ABC, why I had so many of John Howard’s security police around me? I said. "Like all Tin pot dictators he was scared of his own shadow, it was his inferiority complex". I had four, two feds and two state CIB surrounding me for the two hours or so that I was in the building.

In John’s "I Am The Greatest Speech" speech, he denied any involvement in the demise of the Dairy Industry, he blamed that on the Victorian Farmers and the Constitution, which allowed free trade between the States. He never mentioned that it was his Level Playing Field Policy with no Customs duty on overseas subsidized dairy products, that has brought imported Butter, Powdered Baby Milk and Cheese into our market at a pricing level which heavily taxed Australian small business people cannot compete with.

He acknowledged that Gympie had the highest unemployment figures in Australia but said it was inevitable that some places had to be at the cutting edge of re-constructional change. He promised that his government was going to help by giving over a million dollars to enlarge Gympie’s local meat works. He said his government was going to spend another Four Billion dollars on Defence. He didn’t mention that we had been out-spending the Chinese government on defence, in US dollar terms at Eight Billion dollars per year and we still could not field a Brigade or find a functioning Navy, or Air force.

The Mayor showered him with presents from local business and begged John for hand outs for the area. I found it embarrassing, to ask a thief to give up the knives and forks after he had stolen the family silver. If we were free from government interference - our biggest problem would be gone. We have an ideal climate, there is nothing we cannot grow, we have gold in our soil. The only inhibition is the tumour of government on our backs.

His list of broken promises to the local Firearm Owners, the Pig Farmers, the Dairy Farmers, Pensioners, Timber Workers, and Fishermen is going to be an ancestral legend.

Since he took government, he has purloined an extra 32 billion dollars a year from our pockets (Govt Tax Revenue 115 B to 147 B) while old aged pensioners are eating dog food, attempting to keep up with the rent and our young people are suiciding, because they have no hope of ever getting a job. People think that Governments give them things, they don’t, they take everything except a subsistence and charge you a hefty price, to apply for a pittance in remittance. It’s a control thing.

30,000 small businesses in Australia have closed since Howard introduced his GST. (which was another one of his broken promises) Every man woman and child will be forced by taxation, to contribute another $1,000 each to the latest Foreign Aid Package. Over a hundred million dollars will be going to Indonesia, billions have gone there in the past, they will only repay us with their bullets. Today we pay them to stay away today, (Danegeld) tomorrow we will be defending ourselves against people we helped equip. Doug Cameron of the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union (AMWU) states, "That since May 1996, 75,000 manufacturing jobs have gone under the Howard Government. (News Weekly,5/5/01)

Queensland is losing 6 Farms per week, since last July. 600 farm jobs have been lost on 240 dairy farms across the State.(Queensland Country Life 19/4/01)

A survey of 17 economists all blamed the GST as the main reason for the current recession (Australian Financial Review 2/4/01

We have more than enough, of almost every raw material to supply any industry that we wish to develop. Instead we export them to receive the world's lowest prices. Forty years ago, we manufactured, Jet Planes, Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, Motor Cars, Television sets, Guns, Ammunition, Machine Tools, Ships. At the same time Japan was making those little plastic toys that fell out of the Corn Flakes' Packets. What happened? Our Politicians sold us out.

We produce and have untapped mineral fuel resources, so much so that we export it at low prices and yet rip off our own consumers with fuel tax. Our aged pensioners have to sell their cars as they cannot afford to drive them anymore.

We still produce enough cotton and wool to put clothes on the backs of all Australians and most of Europe. Why do we have hundreds of thousands of Australians on the poverty line, clothing their families from St Vincent de Paul and The Salvos?

We still produce enough housing materials to house all Australians, and the lower half of South East Asia. Why do we have thousands of Australians living on our streets?

We still produce enough food for all Australians and a few million more. Why do we have people in our country suffering from starvation?

Why do our community leaders go like beggars to an archaic Caesar for "poor money" in the country with the greatest per capita head of wealth in the world?

The Answer is, Australians have been apathetic, we have allowed our politicians to behave like they are at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, they think black is really white, and up is really down, that good is bad, but don’t show them reality, or facts, or it will just spoil the party.

For them blind loyalty to the party is paramount.

Ron Owen