Hugh Glaser wrote:
On 03/04/2008 12:41, "Kingsley Idehen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hugh Glaser wrote:
Hugh

Hugh,

This is an example of many to come, where LOD needs to pitch the value
of Linked Data to Information Publishers :-) I think they will
ultimately publish and host their own RDF Linked Data once the intrinsic
value is clear to them.
And when there is also actual extrinsic value? :-)
:-)
But yes, and making it easy for them, possibly by actually doing it for
them, is part of the bootstrap process.

Of course :-)
The thing I am trying to work out is exactly how to make the pitch that fits
with their business model, and where their profit line might come from.
This requires a serious understanding of the detailed business model for the
company in question (which is not necessarily a skill the an academic SW
researcher has!).

Here is my pitch:
Make yourself more discoverable on the Web via your data .
We also have similar LOD installations for CORDIS (the EU funding agencies'
DB), NSF (a US funding agency), EPSRC (a UK funding agency), and ACM, among
others. We have now engineered them so that they can be moved to the
Information Publisher if desired. Such organisations sometimes have it as
part of their remit to publicise the results, so they should be easier to
deal with, in theory.
And they benefit in the same way, in line with goals of their Grants :-)
If anyone has a ready conduit to the appropriate place in such
organisations, we would be delighted to talk with them, showing them what
might be done.

Others:  Same here :-)

Kingsley
--