Kingsley Idehen wrote:
Today we have ESPN and co. offering analysis via the traditional one-way TV medium. Tomorrow, I envisage a conversation space connected by analytic insights from "Joe Public" the analyst. Also, what's good for sports applies to Politics, Finance, Soap Operas, and other realms.

What I'd really like to do as a next step is to identify a Linked Open Data advocate who happens to watch a lot of one of the sports for which more data is becoming available, and then encourage that person to get in touch with one of the stats-oriented communities within that sport to help make these stats available as a SPARQL endpoint. If it was soccer, Uche would be an obvious candidate, but judging by http://www.sportsstandards.org/oc the NHL, NFL, or MLB seem to be the best places to start.

At the next Boston/Cambridge/semweb/LOD meetup, I suggest you keep you eye out for Red Sox, Bruins, or Pats-themed clothing...

Bob