Sorry to intervene here, but I think Kingsley's suggestion sets up a false dicotomy. REST principles (surely part of everything we stand for :) suggest that the source of RDF doesn't matter as long as a URL returns what we want. Late binding means not having to say you're sorry.

Is it a good idea to set up a class system where those who publish to files are somehow better (or even different!) than those who publish via adapters?

So, I vote for counting all of it. Isn't that what Google and Yahoo do when they count the number of "pages" indexed?

Regards,
Dave