Finally, regarding dc:subject, a tag can be used not as a subject (think of a webpage tagged "cool" or "todo", they are probably not used as subject) so the semantics of dc:subject is probably not what you want here.

I think this comment from Alexandre gets to the core of the matter. Tagging has grown up as a kind of "metadata-lite", ie a quick way of categorising blog posts etc into topics, often fairly broad topics. Of course it can be a very useful way of finding related material. However if you are able to say something more precise, then I think you should - eg by using dc:subject or foaf:primaryTopic, to say that a blog post (or other document) is about a particular thing that you have a URI for.

You might also want to have tags of course, in their role of more general categorisation and the Common Tag ontology looks a nice way to handle that, especially with its capabilities for saying which user added a tag - so letting you handle an applicatoin like delicious.com.

Cheers

Bill