+1 to the points below.

I think one should point out that rdf semantics allows them, and that in an
open world they
just can't be excluded.

In N3 literals as subjects are often used. And the cwm repository is a good
place to look
for examples

@prefix log: <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/log#>.

log:parsedAsN3
    rdfs:comment "The subject string, parsed as N3, gives this formula."

see many of the relations described in
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/CwmBuiltins,
especially the maths ones.

relations between text and its md5 hash, which is used in some of the code in
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/Trust

I think it would also simplify the prgrammatic apis, such as Java.

It is perhaps not the most urgent thing to do, but putting it on the seriously
todo list
would perhaps help people start shifting the tools to supporting them.

Henry