Stewart Brodie wrote:
"Kris Zyp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We are still faced with the fundamental problem that if a browser that
observes the two connection limit and two long-lived connections are
currently open and the user does something that triggers another request
(such as opening another tab), the browser is stuck and essentially hangs
waiting for a connection to become available. This is a serious usability
issue. Is there something that I need to do to improve my proposal, so can
effectively tackle this issue, and provide a means for authors to inform
the user agents when a response is long-lived?

The problem has always existed, though.  For example, if you're downloading
a page with very large images on it (or perhaps multipart/x-mixed-replace
feeds from a webcam) and whilst the browser is tied up downloading them all,
you click on a link, does the link get followed?  That is the same sort of
scenario, isn't it?

At least firefox will abort any existing downloads for the current page when the user clicks a link. But if you're downloading these images in another tab you might have this problem yeah. Though if it's simply multiple images the new page will likely get squeezed in between two of the image downloads.

/ Jonas