Marcos, Cynthia,

Perhaps requirement #37 as currently written [1] is overly prescriptive.

For example, rather than trying to enumerate the sub-requirements for the other language (i.e. the non-HTML language), there could just be a reference to a spec/doc that defines the requirements for a language to be accessible.

Also, the last sentence appears to be a statement about a Widget instance (and not a requirement for a Widget UA) and hence should not be normative.

Combining the above comments, I get:

[[
A conforming specification must specify that the language used to declare the user interface of a widget be either HTML or a language that is accessible as defined by [?SOME-WAI-RESOURCE?].
]]

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-widgets-reqs-20080625/#r37.->