On 13 Jan 2009, at 09:58, Doug Schepers wrote:
Since it can be about more than just data, e.g. images, "Cross-Origin
Resource Sharing" might be more appropriate. Keeping the header names
the same seems fine, they're just opague strings, but at least making it
more clear what the specification is about might help people.

Cross-Origin Resource Sharing seems like a pretty good name to me.
Cross-Origin Resource and Permissions Sharing Exchange is a funnier
acronym, but that might not be the best criteria for name selection. I
think that images are just another kind of data, but "resource" is
probably more evocative of a range of data types.

I'd be very happy to see this spec's name changed to something that doesn't confuse people.