Hi Alex,

On Jan 27, 2009, at 18:13 , Alex Russell wrote:
I really do loathe namespaces, but is the selectors API actually going to be this impoverished?

I understand your argument, but I'm afraid you're beating a dead horse. This ship has pretty much sailed, and agreement has been reached on the current consensus. Unless you can raise a detailed and precise technical issue against the draft that hasn't been addressed before nothing you say will change the resolution. I do not doubt that you're a smart guy but given how thoroughly this issue has been whacked on already, the odds are against you.

If so, I fear it will prevent the actual mixing of SVG and HTML in meaningful ways.

Thankfully that is not the case. You can use the API as is with mixed documents and just ignore the namespaces. There are cases in which it will fail but those cases are largely theoretical, and can be worked around (as illustrated previously in this thread). The Web will live.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/