On 8/11/09 11:57 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
My concern isn't that there are ways of using it correctly, my concern
is that it's very easy to use incorrectly with bugs as a result.
How? Especially if we prevent more than one read at time. How is the
situation any worse than with XHR?

This
concern exists as long as the read API is available on the File object
itself. We could make File not inherit FileData, but that wasn't the
proposal made so far.

Also note that progress events don't contain the actual data. So so
far no-one has made a proposal what allows for streaming, which I
would have thought would be an integral part of progress events.
Indeed. Progress events should be probably extended to contain data.
(Progress Events Level 2?)

-Olli