From: Robin Berjon [mailto:ro...@berjon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:37 PM
To: Marcin Hanclik
Cc: WebApps WG
Subject: Re: [WARP] Comments to WARP spec

Hi Marcin,

On Nov 18, 2009, at 14:37 , Marcin Hanclik wrote:
>>> One could request an
>>> image that is redirected to
>>> http://address/of/image?put+a+complete+script+here
>>> and then evaluate the query.
> Ok, but then it will still be processed as image and will result in an
> invalid image, I think.

Not so. Consider the following piece of Perl:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Location: img.png?alert('I am evil!')\n\n";

And the following HTML:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<iframe src='img.pl' id='pl'></iframe>
<script>
  window.onload = function () {

eval(unescape(document.getElementById("pl").contentDocument.location.search.substring(1)));
  }
</script>

This produces the expected alert. No script was ever exchanged, and I get the
image to display perfectly fine.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is
privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by
responding to this e-mail. Thank you.