Hi Robin,

>>For instance consider a createElement(name, parent, content) method; you
>>could obtain
>>"script" and "alert('I am evil!')" using the same trick, and call
>>createElement("script", document.body, "alert('I am evil!')") - it would work
>>just
>>the same as eval().
Yes, it seems the architecture is simply vulnerable per current design (e.g. in
ECMA allowing non-strict eval etc.) and we cannot do too much.

>>Right, it's one of those things that people would've done differently if we'd
>>had a
>>chance to think about the consequences while the web was being organically
>>grown, but
>>that's water under the bridge now.
Keeping the context of having a chance: what about event naming in [1]?

Thanks,
Marcin

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0795.html

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646