On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:49 AM, David Rogers <david.rog...@omtp.org> wrote:
> [...]

Really?  What decision / judgement call do we need to make for the
file upload control?  What decision / judgement call do we need to
make for the video tag?

> What the policy advocates are proposing is to advance the whole discipline
> here - let's improve this by adding strength in depth and allow the user to
> defer their decision to someone who they trust, who is willing to take the
> decision for them.

You're not listening to the folks on this thread who are telling you
that this model has been tried and failed.  At best this is a science
experiment.  Writing web standards is a terrible way to run a science
project.

Adam