Hi Paul,

Le vendredi 25 février 2011 à 16:53 +0100, Paul Libbrecht a écrit :
> I definitely agree this is a useful deliverable; I wish more EU
> projects be as careful in their survey as that!

Thanks!

> I was looking to see if MathML was mentioned (I think it should as a
> future technology but it has almost zero coverage on the mobile world
> yet). But I realize that HTML is also not decomposed there. It seems
> to be assumed and mentioned in many places.
>
> Am I right?

The approach I've taken is to highlight the most relevant features in
specs across the large number of W3C groups for developing applications
on mobile devices.

While there are certainly use cases for display maths as part of mobile
app (e.g. for education), it hasn't struck me as a particularly
mobile-relevant feature, which is why I haven't included it. The fact
that it has very little implementation on mobile browsers doesn't help
either.

But I'd be happy to reconsider that position if you have further input
on this :)

> I would think a feature-by-feature analysis of what's in HTML4/5/XHTML
> and works on mobiles would be rather useful.

I would certainly love that as well, but I think it is also beyond what
I can possibly manage :)

That said, part of the MobiWebApp project is also to help on the
development of test suites for the relevant technologies, so maybe we'll
get some of that picture when this makes more progress.

Thanks for the feedback,

Dom