> And what if the device in question is just a touchscreen with no
> keyboard, mouse or hardware buttons?

>From the draft spec: "Touch devices may also choose to reserve a portion of
the touch interface for an unlock gesture."

Mouse lock seems irrelevant on a touchscreen...

I've added clarification to the draft spec in the use case section,
"Touch screen device input
All the application use cases are relevant on touch screen devices as well.
A user should be permitted to make large gestures that are interpreted as
movement deltas, without concern over the absolute positions of the touch
points. Other UI elements from the user agent and system should be
suppressed while under mouse lock.

Absolute position of touch points should always be available, unlike mouse
input where the concept of the cursor is removed. On a touch screen the
absolute positions will always be relevant.

Devices with no keyboard must provide escape from lock via either hard
buttons or reserved screen space for an escape gesture."