On , Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalm...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Charles Pritchard <ch...@jumis.com> wrote:
Can we have it 'inherit' a parent namespace, and have chaining properties?

Element.create('div').create('svg').create('g').create('rect', {title: 'An svg
rectangle in an HTML div'});

Ooh, so .create is defined both on Element (defaults to HTML
namespace, just creates an element) and on Element.prototype (defaults
to namespace of the element, inserts as a child)?  That's pretty
interesting.  Presumably the new element gets inserted as a last child
of the parent.

I like it.

While the idea is interesting, "create" is a too simple name to add on
something as polluted as Element.

I wonder if there is enough demand for this kind of chained coding to actually
spec an API for this. I've rarely seen it being used, plus the notable
exception that is jquery code.

Perhaps createChild, would be better, but then one would need to differentiate
Elements from Text.