On Aug 1, 2011, at 8:43 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Charles Pritchard <ch...@jumis.com> wrote:
>> Can we have it 'inherit' a parent namespace, and have chaining properties?
>>
>> Element.create('div').create('svg').create('g').create('rect', {title: 'An
>> svg rectangle in an HTML div'});
>
> Ooh, so .create is defined both on Element (defaults to HTML
> namespace, just creates an element) and on Element.prototype (defaults
> to namespace of the element, inserts as a child)?  That's pretty
> interesting.  Presumably the new element gets inserted as a last child
> of the parent.
>
> I like it.

With just the old propose you could get the same effect like this:

Element.create('div', {}, Element.create('svg', {}, Element.create('g', {},
Element.create('rect', {title: 'An svg rectangle in an HTML div'}))))

Chaining .create() is certainly less verbose. Doesn't work as well for
inserting multiple children into an element though.

Regards,
Maciej