On 10/20/11 7:18 AM, Alex Russell wrote:
No we don't. The fact that there's someone else who has a handle to
the list and can mutate it underneath you

There is no sane way to mutate the list on the part of the browser if someone else is also messing with it, because the someone else can violate basic invariants the browser's behavior needs to maintain.

unless the argument is that the slots should
be non-configurable, non-writable except by the browser that's also
holding a ref to it.

"Yes".

Though I don't know what "slots" you're talking about; the only sane JS implementation of live nodelists is as a proxy. There's no way to get the behaviors that browsers have for them otherwise.

-Boris